VIRTUOSOS V4+ we play the same language
- The show will have one winner from each country, i.e. we are announcing a total of 5 winners. The best young talented Virtuosos will receive a cash prize (15,000 Euros gross per person) and a solo performance/concert opportunity with an international artist
- Winners will also receive an own solo CD recording (each of them)
- All 4 competitors who make it into the show win, because they will all be given the opportunity to perform on the international gala concert.
- Virtuosos V4 + isn’t just a TV show, it’s a real talent supporting programme, where we do not lose sight of the young talents even after the competition. We smooth the way of their international careers, help them, organize them performances worldwide.
- In Hungary, Virtuosos discovered many talents, who have already performed with several renowned stars. Just to name a few they have performed together with Andrea Bocelli, or have been conducted by Maestro Plácido Domingo and presented their talent in the most well-known venues like Carnegie Hall in New York, the Berlin Philharmonic, Covent Garden in London, or the International Forum in Tokyo.
- Despite the tv show ‘V4+ Virtuosos – We play the same language’ is an international competition, the contestants of each country are only competing with each other. This will bring a total of 5 winners.
- Contestants can introduce themselves for a professional jury of 6 members. Each country delegates one renowned classical musician and there will also be an additional senior jury member per show, selected from the superstars of classical music (e.g. Plácido Domingo). During the show the professional jury decides who wins.
Musical and artistic director is András Batta, former rector of Liszt Academy of Music.
Description of the show:
The show and competition consist of 4 episodes + 1 gala concert. The semi-final will have two rounds, with 2-2 contestants per country in these episodes. Competitors will prepare with one piece of classical music for this round, and they will present their productions one by one in front of an international jury of 6 members, who will evaluate the performances. The final also takes place in two rounds. The 2 best contestants per country in these two broadcasts will compete. In both finals, the contestants will perform 1-1 different pieces of music. We are announcing one winning contestant per country. The gala concert will be held at the Palace of Arts in Budapest with the participation of world-renowned stars, the jury and the winner Virtuosos, as well as the winners of previous seasons.
All performances will be performed with an orchestra in the show, except for the piano pieces, because pianists will have the opportunity to play a solo piece once. A well-known, renowned orchestra, the Orchestra of the Hungarian State Opera accompanies the young talents during the competition.
The show will be broadcasted from the end of November (November 27-December 18) in 5 countries on Fridays during prime time.
List of participating countries:
Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland, Slovakia and Serbia